A septic tank is a fragile ecosystem. Maintaining its biological balance is essential to avoid any inconvenience and to ensure its optimal functioning.
ALL-WATER TANK OR SEPTIC TANK?
A septic tank is an autonomous sanitation installation that treats wastewater when the house or establishment is not connected to the sewerage system.
What is the difference between an all-water tank and a septic tank?
- As its name indicates, an all-water tank is an installation that receives all the wastewater from a house, a community, a restaurant: toilets, bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
- A septic tank is an installation that only receives water from the toilet. Today, it is no longer authorized. But as a matter of habit, the name “septic tank” has remained in common usage to designate an “all water tank”.
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH BAD SMELLS…
These nauseating odors are the consequence of the decomposition of organic matter (cellulose, fecal matter…) by micro-organisms in the absence of oxygen.
- If the septic tank is working well, oxygen and aeration are sufficient. The micro-organisms are then able to degrade the organic matter without producing bad smells.
- In case of malfunction, the presence of bad odors from an all-water tank (septic tank) is the first warning signal.
By decomposing organic matter in an oxygen-free environment, micro-organisms release malodorous gases such as H2S – hydrogen sulfide. Not only do these gases smell bad, but they can be dangerous or even deadly. It is therefore essential to effectively treat the problem of bad odors before they appear.
SLOW FLOW, BLOCKAGE AND BACKFLOW
If the tank is malfunctioning, accumulations of organic matter deposits form. Over time, these deposits reduce the diameter of the pipe: the slowing of the flow rate is the second warning signal.
If nothing is done, the system becomes clogged and eventually backs up.
WHY CHOOSE SEPTICWAY RATHER THAN ANOTHER BIOTREATMENT?
There are many biotreatment products on the market for the maintenance of all-water tanks.
Have you ever heard of bio-augmentation and bio-stimulation?
- Biostimulation provides nutrients – minerals and trace elements – to boost the action of the micro-organisms naturally present in the cesspool;
- Bioaugmentation consists of adding selected, more efficient bacteria to help the bacterial flora in the tank to biodegrade organic matter.
Most biotreatments work by biostimulation. SEPTICWAY, biotreatment of all-water pits, works on both levels, biostimulation and bioaugmentation: it is doubly effective.
To learn more about biostimulation and bioaugmentation: read the article “Not everyone is a rugby player”.
Launched by HTS BIO Laboratories in 2021, the innovative “preventive hygiene” concept is about treating problems related to the cleaning and maintenance of surfaces and facilities before they even occur.
“HTS BIO Laboratories has worked in partnership with the CNRS to isolate the most effective micro-organisms for digesting organic matter and to select the most effective components to delay the appearance of dirt. ”explains Alexis Bamy, Managing Director of HTS BIO Laboratories.
Prevention rather than cure: when it comes to the maintenance of all-water tanks, the use of SEPTICWAY biotreatment treats bad odors at the source and prevents the formation of organic matter deposits.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Slowing down the flow, clogging, backflow: when the septic tank is poorly maintained, the bill can quickly become expensive. Cleaning (average cost over 200 €), water damage, cleaning, unavailability of the installations or even temporary closure…
Using SEPTCIWAY regularly is your “peace of mind” insurance for less than 30 € per month*.
* Calculation based on 4 people or 30 uses/day.
ENVIRONMENT, SAFETY AND COMFORT OF USE
SEPTICWAY is a non-labelled formula. It is safe for users and respects the environment.
- No health risks for users
- No PPE required during application
- Zero toxic waste in the environment
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS FROM BIOTECHNOLOGY
SEPTICWAY is a biotechnological formula: its active ingredients are derived from selected micro-organisms. A special feature: they are particularly fond of organic matter (cellulose, fecal matter, cosmetic and cleaning product residues, etc.) and “digest” it by transforming it into simple elements (water, gas, mineral salts) that are easily assimilated by the environment.
Since 1988, HTS BIO Laboratories has been selecting and producing its own micro-organisms on its site in the Marseille area.
BIOTECHNOLOGICAL PROCESSES: HOW DO THEY WORK?
Biotechnological active ingredients require implementation processes without which their effectiveness would not be optimal.
For SEPTICWAY, 2 exclusive registered processes are involved:
- CONSORTIUM®: selection by the R&D laboratory of different strains of micro-organisms that work in synergy to degrade all types of organic matter potentially present in wastewater.
- BIOSMOSE® is a biofixation process. The “cleaning” micro-organisms are fixed on a mineral support of marine origin. This protects them against chemical aggression – detergents, disinfectants, antibiotics – or biological aggression – other micro-organisms -. It is also an excellent support for the development of our “micro-champions” which perpetuates the action of the biotreatment over time.
ECOWAY® ” ESSENTIAL RANGE ” FOR WASTEWATER: SIMPLIFYING YOUR LIFE
The problems related to water treatment are complex. They require specialized expertise in microbiology. With the ECOWAY® ” Wastewater Essential ” range, HTS BIO provides easy-to-use, ecological and effective solutions.
- SEPTICWAY: biotreatment of all-water pits
- COLOWAY L: biotreatment of pipes
- LIPIDWAY L: biotreatment of grease traps
To know more, to be advised, to receive technical and safety data sheets:
email@example.com – +33(0)4 42 32 00 20