Managing a grease trap in a restaurant or a community can quickly turn into a nightmare. Need serenity? LIPIDWAY L, 2 in 1 biotreatment for kitchen drains and grease traps takes care of everything.
WHAT IS GREASE TRAP FOR?
To relieve the purification plants, the grease trap is in charge of separating the organic matter – which falls to the bottom – and the grease – which rises to the surface – from the water: the water normally flows through the pipes to the purification plant. The grease trap, a mandatory installation in all types of restaurants, is a service to the community. But for it to perform well, it must be maintained.
YOUR GREASE TRAP IS GIVING YOU A HARD TIME?
When a grease trap is not properly maintained, trouble starts: bad odors – a consequence of the degradation of organic matter and grease accumulated in the absence of oxygen – at best, overflowing at worst. And the bill can become very expensive: a cleaning is required. In some cases, this leads to a suspension of activity, and therefore to a loss of turnover. But that’s not all: the restaurant owner risks a fine or even a temporary administrative closure.
H2S – HYDROGEN SULFIDE: NAUSEOUS, BUT NOT ONLY!
Let’s add to this that when organic matter degrades in an oxygen-free environment, the H2S – hydrogen sulfide – type gases that are released are not only nauseating: they can be dangerous. It is even one of the gases most frequently involved in poisoning in the workplace.
WHY IS CLEANING UP NOT ALWAYS ENOUGH?
When bad odors appear, we usually proceed to a cleaning. Not only is this an additional expense, but it must be effective… Why? Because the problem does not necessarily come from the grease trap: it can come from the upstream pipe.
LIPIDWAY L: A SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE 2-IN-1 SOLUTION
The LIPIDWAY L formula has been specifically developed to treat not only grease traps, but also the kitchen drains to which they are connected.
Dosage: 50 mL/day for 100 place settings.
ACTION AND RESULTS
- Treats bad odors at the source
- Prevents clogging
- Spaces the cleaning
Result: a grease trap that is continuously maintained for optimal performance
WHY CHOOSE LIPIDWAY L?
True “2 in 1” biotreatment, it does not only dissolve grease: it also operates upstream of the grease trap for the maintenance of kitchen pipes. Thus, the different strains of micro-organisms selected act on the grease but also on the organic matter avoiding bad odors or a risk of slowing down the flow.
PEACE OF MIND: YOU PROGRAM IT, IT DOES THE JOB
The application of LIPIDWAY L can be automated with a simple dosing pump or a pump with a solenoid valve. Automation is interesting for two reasons:
- Serenity: it decreases your mental load (admit that the prospect is tempting!)
- Optimal efficiency: You decide the time of application in order to optimize the biotreatment. It contains micro-organisms that are not compatible with biocides. It is therefore recommended not to apply a biotreatment 2 hours before and after the use of a biocide.
“Prevention is better than cure”: this proverb already existed in medieval Latin. Imbued with common sense, the concept of Preventive Hygiene was born in 2021. What does it consist of? Like all good ideas, it’s simple, but we had to think about it: products with the Preventive Hygiene label treat problems before they occur. “HTS BIO Laboratories worked in partnership with the CNRS to isolate the most effective micro-organisms for digesting organic matter and to select the most effective components for delaying the appearance of dirt. ”explains Alexis Bamy, Managing Director of HTS BIO Laboratories. In this context, the action of LIPIDWAY L :
- Prevents bad odors and organic matter build-up in kitchen drains and grease traps,
- Prevents blockages and overflows,
- Conjures up the operational and financial problems related to it.
BIOTECHNOLOGICAL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS…
Since 1988, HTSBIO Laboratories has been selecting – in its R&D laboratory and in partnership with the CNRS – and producing its own biotechnological active ingredients: biosurfactants and micro-organisms. The LIPIDWAY L formula uses :
- Biosurfactants, thanks to the BIOSURF® process: the most efficient micro-organisms for the production of biosurfactants are selected. 100% natural and easily biodegradable, they are up to 500 times more effective than petrochemical or plant-based surfactants.
- Selected micro-organisms thanks to the CONSORTIUM® process: different strains of micro-organisms work in synergy for optimal degradation of grease and organic matter in kitchen drains and grease traps.
And then – let’s play together – by degrading grease and organic matter upstream of wastewater treatment plants, LIPIDWAY L relieves the installations and helps preserve the common good.
ECOWAY® “ESSENTIAL RANGE” FOR WASTEWATER: MAKING YOUR LIFE EASIER
Now that you are convinced that LIPIDWAY L is the best solution for the maintenance of your grease traps, perhaps you also need simple, effective and ecological formulas for the complex problems related to pipes and cesspools?
ECOWAY® ” Wastewater essential range “, 3 formulas to make your life easier:
- SEPTICWAY : biotreatment of all-water pits
- COLOWAY L : biotreatment of pipes
- LIPIDWAY L : biotreatment of grease traps
Learn more, get advice, receive technical and safety data sheets:
email@example.com – +33(0)4 42 32 00 20