There are myriad labels touting the eco-friendly credentials of products. What do they mean? Which label is the most suitable for your needs? Follow the guide!
Eco-labeling is voluntary. At HTS BIO, because we are committed to environmental sustainability, you will find our products labeled NF Environnement, Ecolabel or even Ecocert. Why 3 ecological labels? Because each one has different standards.
French label from AFNOR with a triple guarantee:
- Environmental protection: reduced impact on the environment.
- Performance: efficiency at least equivalent to that of similar non-certified products.
- Reliability: awarded for a limited period. Every 3 years, the label criteria is revised and products are re-examined by independent organizations who decide whether or not to continue certification.
NF Environnement certifies products for use both indoors and outdoors.
“The flower” is recognized by all countries in the European Union. Like the Franco-French NF Environnement label, it guarantees that the product has a reduced impact on the environment, while ensuring that it is as efficient as similar products. Unlike the other labels, the criteria for earning the ECOLABEL covers the product’s total life cycle:
- Production: choice of raw material and packaging
- Utilization: the product must require, for example, less water, energy or consumable products, or use them in a reduced quantity
- Elimination: recycling or reutilization of the packaging, preparation of waste for biodegradation.
Only eco-detergents intended for indoor are eligible for the ECOLABEL.
Extremely restrictive, this label certifies products whose components and packaging have nearly zero impact on the environment. Raw materials and the finished product must have:
- Maximum biodegradability,
- Nearly zero toxicity.
The scents must be completely natural and most synthetic compounds (for example, dyes) are prohibited.
To learn more and request a list of all our labeled products:
+33 (0)4.42.32.00.20, email@example.com or click here